September 1, 2018
An essay or reaction paper I made in Senior High School. My teacher made us write a paper on George Yancy's article. I forgot what article. plus this is an edited version. I added a few lines. But here it goes.
George Yancy is right in so many ways. God might be really dead in all of us. I mean by far of what I see in the world; murder, war, blood, xenophobia, homophobia, narcissism, etc. It lacks what basic Christian values that we are taught at a young age. Even if you are Catholic, Born-again, Protestants, or whatever you choose to belong, we all believe in one God and yet we are unable to act as one. If someone is somehow different we initially alienate them or draw a line; a them vs. us which causes the pain. But sadly, I doubt it that anyone can ever feel another's pain. My pain will be forever mine and yours will be forever your pain. This exclusivity of one's pain hinders us from truly understanding other people.
Crazy how we claim an image that we can't stay by, an image of love, compassion, goodness, and mercy. We say we are created in his image and yet here we are. Perhaps we will never completely be able to justify the image of God. We'll just keep avoiding the eyes of our neighbors. Maybe we became too engrossed with rituals, perfect attendance, religious meetings and other stuffs that we overlook God's teaching to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. But we must be able to reach out to them. God intended for Adam to have Eve as a companion, a helper. God also intended for man to multiply so that they may have fellowship together in harmony. However, we find it difficult. It is heartbreaking to learn such things. I hope George Yancy might bring a brighter note in his future writings about the world and it's God.
xoxo
J.A.A.
No comments:
Post a Comment